Friday, January 11, 2008

Fear of Change

We must learn how to look into our fears because we cannot let ourselves be controlled by fear. We have to look our fears right in the face and we can't always do it by ourselves. We need to be helped, because if we can't look death and failure in the face, well, then we can never live because to live means to risk, to do things, to have projects which might fail, which might go wrong. We cannot be totally secure for everything; we must discover inside ourselves this power that we have been given to receive the Holy Spirit, not alone, with with others in the community, to decide to go forward and risk things. ~ Jean Vanier via The Magnificat

This was good for me to read today. I must say that I am afraid of change and afraid of failure. It is what has kept me stuck in my current job. I have been in a rut at work. It is not a very challenging jobs and I feel like my skills have waned because of that. I need a change, but I am afraid of a change because I am afraid of failure and of the unknown. Now we are talking about moving and that is going to be a HUGE change. It scares me. But it is also exciting. I don't think I would ever make such a big move on my own, but I've got my wonderful husband to make the move with me. It is going to be an adventure.

No comments: