Thursday, December 28, 2006

I will set no worthless thing before my eyes ~ Psalm 101:3 (NASB)

I have created a screensaver on my computer that has various scriptures and spiritual quotes. This one came up today during my quiet time.

When we wake up in the morning and turn our soul toward You, You are there first. ~ Soren Kierkegard

That quote came in a book of "Faith Notes" that DSD1 (Oldest Step-Daughter) gave us for Christmas.

Two messages to me about the distractions that I am allowing in during my quiet time. I've started a bad habit of getting on my computer first thing, instead of having my quiet time first.

Dear Lord, I am listening. I desire to start my day with You. Please increase that desire and help me to avoid distractions. Spending time with you in the morning blesses me and sets my feet on the right path for the day. Help me to remember and to be faithful. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen.

No comments: