Wednesday, December 27, 2006

If you obey and do right, a light will show you the way and fill you with happiness. You are the LORD's people! So celebrate and praise the only God. ~ Psalm 97:11-12 (CEV)

I used to obey the LORD to avoid feelings of guilt, but then I fell in love with Him and now I obey Him because I love him. John 14:15 says, "If you love me, obey my commandments." Yes, I do love Jesus and that is why I obey Him and why I am even capable of obeying. Without the love of God in my heart, I could do nothing because I would be trying to do it on my own and I am weak. But God gives me strength and Him living in me gives me the strength and the desire to do His will.

Today, Lord, I go back to work. You know the feeling of dread I have, you know how much I dislike where I am working. You also know my desire for a new job and how long I have been waiting. Dear Lord, give me strength during this week to obey and do right, give me patience as I wait for the job you are preparing for me, give me Your light that I may follow in Your path and fill me with Your happiness. In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I read another blog that you might enjoy - and she has links that you might find interesting too.

If you copy the line below and paste it in your address bar (above) and click GO - it should take you there - I don't know how to do the magic LINK trick on comments - or I'd put a link in for you.


http://deeshadowblog.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2006-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=50