Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Deep Waters

Today's Scripture
“The purposes of a man’s heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out.” (Proverbs 20:5 NIV).
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
Did you know that you are equipped with everything you need to fulfill your passion and purpose in this life? Everything you need is on the inside of you—like deep waters. You draw those deep things out when you stay open and humble before the Lord. You draw those things out when you are submitted to His Word. That’s what makes you a person of understanding. You are a person of understanding when you draw on the strength of God inside of you. Proverbs also tells us that a person of understanding delights in wisdom. A person of understanding is even-tempered. A person of understanding is not easily led astray and maintains peace and order. (Prov. 10:23; 15:21; 17:27; 28:2) Don’t just live on the surface of life today. Draw from the resources that God has placed on the inside of you. As you keep your heart open by obeying the Word of God, His purposes will become clearer, and you will live in the abundant life God has in store for you!
A Prayer for Today
Heavenly Father, thank You for equipping me with everything I need to be a success in life. I choose to humbly submit to You and obey Your Word so that I can be a person of understanding. Thank You for revealing Your plans and purposes for me today. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

I do not feel like a person of understanding today. I do not feel even-tempered. I do not feel like myself. We went out of town for the weekend and my routine is thrown all out of kilter. Then I get back to work after being off for two days and there are piles on my desk to be dealt with. I feel all out-of-sorts. I need to go to the grocery store tonight, but it is also the last night of my bible study. Because it is the last night of bible study, "they" decided we should have food. Since I haven't been to the store, I don't have anything to bring and I don't want to eat or bring anything. I may just go late and food less. At least I will be there. Or, I can just download the last video and watch it later.

No comments: