Thursday, November 01, 2007

Watch What You Watch

From Joel Osteen:

Today's Scripture
“I will set no base or wicked thing before my eyes” (Psalm 101:3 AMP).
Today's Word from Joel and Victoria
In this Psalm, David was determined to honor the Lord with his mind. David knew that what he watched with his eyes would affect his thinking. If he didn’t guard his mind by choosing carefully what he looked at, he would be drawn to do things that weren’t pleasing to the Lord. The same is true for us today. If we are watching things on TV or reading things in books or magazines that aren’t pleasing to the Lord, we are opening a door to the enemy. If we continue to look upon things that aren’t pleasing to the Lord, a stronghold is built in our thinking. We become enslaved to those thoughts. But thank God for the blood of Jesus that has the power to break those strongholds! If you are struggling with thoughts that you don’t want in your mind anymore, today, you can be free. First of all, receive the Lord’s forgiveness and make the choice to change what you are looking at. Let the Lord wash you clean and strengthen you by His Spirit. Focus your mind and thoughts on His Word and do not let any wicked thing before your eyes. As you determine to watch what you watch, you will be empowered by His Spirit and walk in the abundant life God has in store for you!
A Prayer for Today
Heavenly Father, today I choose to honor You with my mind. I choose to guard my eyes and not watch anything that isn’t pleasing to You. I ask that You set me free of every stronghold in my thinking so that I can live in peace and joy all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments: