Thursday, November 08, 2007

Temple of the Holy Spirit

Have we come to realize that our "body is the temple of the Holy Spirit"? If so, we must be careful to keep it undefiled for Him. We have to remember that our conscious life, even though only a small part of our total person, is to be regarded by us as a "temple of the Holy Spirit." He will be responsible for the unconscious part which we don't know, but we must pay careful attention to and guard the conscious part for which we are responsible. ~ Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, November 8th

Because I am very health and fitness conscious, I always think of my body being a temple in terms of food and exercise. This was a good reminder that not only do I need to tend to my body as a temple of the Holy Spirit through healthy food and exercise, but that I also need to watch the things I put into my mind through the things I watch and read and the thoughts I "entertain."

No comments: