Friday, February 23, 2007

God Helps Me be Regular

I apologize in advance if this is too much information. I just feel like maybe I just post this because it might help someone else. It's about having regular BMs, so if you're not interested, stop reading now.

I have to praise God that I am regular. Kind of weird, huh? Let me explain. In about May I started having my quiet time when I first get up. This is my routine: The alarm goes off about 5:30, I get up, empty my bladder, and start the coffee pot. Then I set down in my chair with a 24 oz bottle of water and begin my daily reading. It is usually cold in the house this early in the morning, so I set with my feet up in the chair with my knees to my chest to help stay warm. (I believe this "squatting" position is significant from something I read some time, so where, but of course I don't know where.) I drink the entire bottle and by that time the coffee is ready. Mmmm...coffee! I have it with powdered milk and a little artificial sweetner - not that how I drink my coffee makes any difference to the story, but I love it. :) Anyway, I drink my cup of coffee and continue my quiet time. By about 6:00 am, I am ready to "go." It's like clock work. I have never been so regular in my life. I don't believe it is the quiet time that is the "magic" here, I'd been having a quiet time long before this. I praise God for inspiring me to start having my quiet time first thing in the morning, for giving me the desire to start working on re-hydrating right away, for a cold house that makes me want to curl up in the chair, and for warm coffee to get things moving. God is good and He cares about every part of our lives. I praise Him and thank Him for that!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

It is probably the position AND the hot of the coffee - I had major trouble a year ago - and HOT beverage first thing in morning was her #1 suggestion.