Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Three Ways

From Devotional Bible Life Lesson:

Which areas of your life are less than totally dependent on him? Write downthree ways you can pursue holiness before God and start practicing them.

I didn't catch the significance of this at first. The fact that it is Ash Wednesday and yesterday I was trying to come up with three things to "do" for Lent. The only thing I had come up with so far was giving up chocolate which I have had planned for some time. Here are my three ways:

1. No chocolate.
2. No television watching by myself. I don't want to make a big deal about not watching television, but I need to stop using it for company.
3. Pray for someone else. I have gotten selfish with my quiet time by just spending it reading my devotionals and praying for myself. I want to make a point to pray for someone else each day.

No comments: