Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Routines

As always, I desire to grow closer to God. I want to remove the many distractions in my life that keep me from focusing on Him. I've been without my computer the past few days and weirdly that is distracting me. You would think that would allow me to focus on God more - that my computer would be a distraction. In some ways it is, but right now I am wondering what it is going to take to fix it, I am keeping the many thoughts that I record in my computer on my mind instead of being able to put them in my computer and then forget about them. My routine is off and that is distracting. But I am learning...I am learning to trust Him. I am learning to relax. I am learning that my routine really is important. The routine is important because it keeps a lot of my day on auto-pilot. I don't have to focus as much on what needs to be done and I can focus more on Him. However, my routine can also make me rigid and inflexible. God is always teaching me...but am I always learning? I don't know, but I am trying to listen to Him and learn from these daily struggles.

No comments: