Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Regret

From the Life Lesson in my daily reading:

He encouraged all to work faithfully without procrastinating...Some days never come. And the price of practicality is sometimes higher than extravagance. But the rewards of risky love are always greater than its cost. Go to the effort. Invest the time. Write the letter. Make the apology. Take the trip. Purchase the gift. Do it. The seized opportunity renders joy. The neglected brings regret.


Often times I will be debating doing something in my mind (usually when I am trying to decide whether to go visit someone in the hospital, go to a funeral, stopping by a relative's when I am close), and to help myself decide I ask this question, "Will I regret doing it or not doing it?" Usually, the answer is that I would regret not doing it. So, I take the time and make the visit and I am always blessed by it.

No comments: