Sunday, March 25, 2007

Continued Maintenance

I am beginning Week 3 of my Six Week Maintenance period I talked about here. These past two weeks have been good, although I still find it difficult looking at those higher numbers on the scale and not "doing" anything about them. You might think I should stop weighing daily, but I won't. I have done that in the past and the numbers just went up. Seeing the number every morning keeps me mindful of what I am eating and prevents me from "throwing it all to the wind." I also think that in the long run it will be helpful because the number won't mean as much. It will just be data that gets collected and put in a spreadsheet.

I am enjoying having the extra "points" to eat each day. WW weight loss points is 20 for me and I am eating 27. The extra points I am getting in are coming from healthy oils, extra proteins, nuts, and whole grains. (Well, except for last weekend...then they came from cookies!) When I return to weight loss mode, those will be easy things to cut back on.

Today I read a post from Jonathon on slow weight loss. It was full of wisdom and in 5 weeks (Yes, there is an extra week in there because of the week we will be in Nashville for GMA Week.) I want to remember that lasting weight loss is slow weight loss. I don't want to rush losing these 6 extra pounds. I will be patient.

No comments: