Saturday, March 03, 2007

Kairos

Sugar Pop and I are working a Kairos this month. We have a lot of things going on and I've really not been wanting to work it. Today was our last team meeting before the Kairos and I was dreading it and really "wanting permission" from God to be able to drop off the team.

I opened up My Utmost for His Highest for today's reading. Here is an excerpt:

The Lord's next point is--"Pour yourself out. Don't testify about how much you love Me and don't talk about the wonderful revelation you have had, just 'Feed My sheep.'" Jesus has some extraordinarily peculiar sheep: some that are unkempt and dirty, some that are awkward or pushy, and some that have gone astray! But it is impossible to exhaust God's love, and it is impossible to exhaust my love if it flows from the Spirit of God within me. The love of God pays no attention to my prejudices caused by my natural individuality. If I love my Lord, I have no business being guided by natural emotions--I have to feed His sheep. We will not be delivered or released from His commission to us.


So...I'll be working the Kairos in two weeks and God will give me His love and His Spirit and His Time and His Energy to Feed His Sheep.

No comments: