Saturday, March 24, 2007

Living in God's Love

When a believer enters into a profound relationship with God, he cannot be content with a mediocre life under the banner of a minimalistic ethic and a superficial religiousity. In this light one can understand better the expression that Benedict borrowed from Saint Cyprian - "Prefer nothing to the love of Christ." ~ Pope Benedict XVI (from the Magnificat on July 11, 2006)


That's right. Filled with the love of God and the knowledge of His saving power, how could we be content with the greyness the world offers. God offers us a full life! Filled with color! It's hard to explain to someone still living on the other side, but for those living in God's love words aren't necessary.

For a while last year, I kept some what of a hand-written journal. I was not consistent with it and it mainly just includes interesting quotes that I read. I have decided I will slowly go through it and post things here. I think the comment about the quote was something I wrote because I did not reference where it came from.

No comments: