Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tithing

There was a study guide in my bible reading today on Tithing. Sugar Pop and I have been tithing for several years now (after a bible study in our Sunday school class). It was hard to increase are giving at first because sometimes it was a struggle financially to just give the smaller amount. However, since we started tithing it has never been a problem. The money has always been there. Of course, that is always the first check I write with each paycheck, so there is not an opportunity for it to get spent any where else.

“Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! “But you ask, ‘What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?’ “You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me. You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! ~ Malachi 3:8-10


Our old pastor used to ask, "Would you rather live with 100% of your money under the curse or 90% under the blessing of God?" 90% with God's blessing is definitely better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very true! D