Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Winter Blues

I know it is only September 5th, but I can already tell the days are getting shorter. It's only 8:00 and it already feels like 9:00. I really have a hard time in the winter. Once the sun goes down in the evening, I don't want to do anything but lay on the couch and go to sleep.

Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with the winter blues?

Last year I took St. John's Wort and I think it helped some. January was a lot better, but February was worse. I think I might have quit taking it too soon. I was expecting the blues to have lifted about Groundhog Day, but they didn't.

I have not tried one of those sunlamps. I am planning on getting a natural light desk lamp (maybe two so I can have one at work and one at home).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We installed the daylight bulbs throughout the house, esp. in areas that I spend time in. It has helped. I take many vitamins now that I'm off antidepressants and so far so good, but I'm not sure how I'll be in the winter months.
D