Thursday, April 12, 2007

Beloved Partner

"The body you are given will be yours for the duration of your time here. Love it or hate it, accept it or reject it, it is the only one you will receive in this lifetime. It will be with you from the minute you draw your first breath to the last beat of your heart. Since there is a no-refund, no-exchange policy on this body of yours, it is essential that you learn to transform your body from a mere vessel into a beloved partner and lifelong ally, as the relationship between you and your body is the most fundamental and important relationship of your lifetime. It is the blueprint from which all your other relationships will be built." by Cherie Carter-Scott


That is something to ponder. I have never thought of my body as a beloved partner or a lifelong ally. But thinking in those terms makes this health and fitness journey I am on seem more important. I am not just doing this for myself, but for my beloved partner.

No comments: