Monday, April 02, 2007

Random Things Collected in my Hand-Written Journal around July 2006

The wise counsel God gives when I'm awake is confirmed by my sleeping heart. Day and night I'll stick with God; I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go. ~ Psalm 16:7-8 (The Message)


Yes, Lord! Not just a good thing, but the BEST thing. Always keep me close to you and protect my heart and soul from the dangers and temptations of the world. Please protect my husband, my family, my friends - everyone -- also! You are our mighty God and able to do it!

Oh, how can I give you up, Israel? How can I let you go? My heart is torn within me, and my compassion overflows. No, I will not punish you as much as my burning anger tells me to. I will not completely destroy Israel, for I am God and not a mere mortal. I am the Holy One living among you, and I will not come to destroy. ~ Hosea 11:18-19 (NLT)


Thank you for being a merciful God, for not treating us according to our sins and what we deserve, but instead treating us according to your nature - a loving Father!

Saint Sara of Skete - 4th Century
Sarah guarded and preserved with particular zeal the purity of her heart. Her solitude was regularly disturbed by a demon intent on tormenting her with impure temptations. On these occasions, she would pray, "Lord, give me strength." After thirty years of afflicting her thus, the demon conceded defeat, telling her, "Sarah, you have conquered me. " She replied, "It is not I who have conquered you, but rather Christ, my Lord."

Lord, please grant me the fortitude of Sarah. That when I am facing temptations that I will also ask Christ for strength that He will destroy the demons in my life.

No comments: