Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Happy Anniversary

People/Spirits would love to ruin my 9 year wedding anniversary.

Today is our 9th Wedding Anniversary. It has been an awful day. Commotion at the office because the girl across the hall from me had to move stuff out of her "second" office because of a new employee. Then someone quit/got fired. Too bad that didn't happen in the morning, because then the moving wouldn't have had to occur. Sugar Pop had equally annoying things at his work today.

Of course, it is Wednesday which means Honey is coming over for supper. This does not bother me at all. As I do not expect that we HAVE to celebrate our anniverary ON our anniversary. So, the plan is too have supper with Honey and then Sugar Pop will have to go to praise team practice at 7:30. No big deal.

I get home from work and we go for a walk. Sugar Pop got to work the early shift today so he was already home. When we get home there is a message from Honey (left at 5:24) that she is NOT coming over (because her step-sister is in town). She is supposed to be here at 6:00, that is only 36 minutes before her scheduled arrival. HELLO?!?!?! We had plans. She is supposed to be here every Wednesday night. A little notice would be nice! We could have actually gone out to eat for our anniversary. I might have not made so much for dinner if I had known she wasn't going to be here. It just FLEW ALL OVER ME!

Now, if you have been reading my blog for any time, I am sure you have never seen me vent like this! It is not my nature to get so MAD about something.

However, this has been getting more and more common. Yes, this is the consequence of divorce and some of the things that have to be dealt with and suffered through. But, I am quite positive that Sugar Pop's Ex knew about this before 5:24 tonight. She has probably known all day if not for several days or even a week and didn't bother to make arrangements beforehand.

ARGH!!!!

No comments: