Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Missed Quiet Time is Not Good

I started off the weekend great. I was 100% on my habits Friday and then had most all my habits in Saturday before we met the realtor to look at a house.

I had planned on having soup at home after that, but we went to Jason's Deli instead. I had some of their toasted bread (Yum!) with my chili. Then I planned on having my nuts as a snack at church (I was running video), but I forgot about them. We went to out to eat Italian food for our anniversary. I ate SO much and was so stuffed when we got home. But it was SO good.

Sunday I didn't get up early enough to have my quiet time before church and I think that threw me off for the entire day. I didn't get hardly any of my habits all day. I think it is because I didn't have my quiet time. I realize now how important it is for me to have that time. I can't even recall the last time I didn't have it to know what kind of day that was. So, now I know and the next time I am running video at church, I will just get up at my regular workday time.

I think this is probably why I struggle when I am away from home. I don't get to have my normal quiet time then either and it causes me to try to fill myself with food because I didn't fill myself with the living Word of God. We will be going out of town at least once in November (and probably twice), so it will be important that I spend some quiet time with God while we are gone.

No comments: