Friday, October 19, 2007

Whoa!

This morning in my Beth Moore bible study I read this scripture:

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. ~ Psalm 40:2 (NIV)

That was one of scriptures in list and then she asked us "Which of the Scriptures in the activity above most nearly addresses your circumstances right now and why?"

I wrote, "Hopefully Psalm 40:2 as I wait for God to provide my new job that reflects Psalm 127:1." (Psalm 127:1 says, "Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted. Unless the Lord protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good.")

So then I took a bathroom break, had my 5 minutes of silence, and then read the Lose it for Life Devotional for January 24th. It started with this scripture:

I waited and waited and waited for God. At last he looked; finally he listened. He lifted me out of the ditch, pulled me from deep mud. He stood me up on a solid rock to make sure I wouldn't slip. ~ Psalm 40:1-2 (The Message)

Whoa! The same verse in two different places on the same day?!? Only God could orchestrate that. To have me sign up for the bible study, have it start on the day it did, have me be one day behind in my homework while at the same time for me be struggling with binging and have me decide to start reading through the Lose it for Life devotional and to make sure I started it on the day necessary so that I would read this same scripture in both places on the same day. Whoa! That can not be an accident.

No comments: