Wednesday, August 08, 2007

8 Quick Time–Outs for Your Soul

This was set to me by a co-worker today:

When life seems overwhelming and you are worried or feeling frazzled, do you yearn for some kind of escape Here are some ways to get through those unquiet times. Each two-minute activity includes an inspiring passage from Scripture for you to read.

When you feel like Complaining
Read: Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For his mercy endures forever. ~ 1 Chronicles 16:34
Prayer: All too often, my focus is on what I don’t have, Lord. Please forgive me and help me to focus on and be grateful for what I do have.

When you feel that you’ve failed
Read: Each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that. ~ 1 Corinthians 7:7
Prayer: Father, I’ve been guilty of coveting the gifts You’ve given others while disparaging the ones You’ve given me. Help me know what You’ve created me to do and give me opportunities to do it.

When you’re feeling down
Read: Arise, eat food, and let your heart be cheerful ~ 1 Kings 21:7
Prayer: I praise and celebrate You today, Lord, in spite of my aching heart.

When you’re feeling frazzled
Read: If there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. ~ Philippians 4:8
Prayer: Thank You, Father, for this great idea. I remember when ________________________________________________________ (you fill in the blank)

When you’re feeling stuck in your job
Read: The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks him. ~ Lamentations 3:25
Prayer: Thank You, Father, for the grace to keep doing, joyfully and patiently, what You’ve called me to do until You tell me to do something different. I believe You have a plan; please don’t let my impatience mess it up.

When you’re struggling with a problem
Read: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. ~ Proverbs 3:5
Prayer: Father, forgive me for trying to help You answer my prayers, and thank You for answering them better than I could have imagined.

When you’re thinking negative thoughts about someone
Read: Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful ~ Luke 6:36
Prayer: Lord, forgive my critical attitude toward ________________________(you fill in the blank) and help me to see the positive qualities You’ve put within him/her.

When you’re worried
Read: Lord, I believe; help my unbelief! ~ Mark 9:24
Prayer: I do want to trust You more, Lord. Please help me overcome my unbelief.

No comments: