Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Rejoicing over spilt coffee

Several things went wrong this morning. I got up and we had forgot to set the dishwasher to run last night so I had to start it. When I went to pour my coffee, it had not been started (in the process of starting the dishwasher, I forgot to start the coffee). When I was preparing my coffee, the big metal 2 TBSP scoop I use to measure my powdered milk dropped on the floor making a loud noise which disturbed my still sleeping husband. After I poured my coffee and sat down to drink it and I had forgotten the sweetner. I got back up for sweetner and on the way to coffee pot, sloshed coffee out of my mug and on the floor. This was the point where I started to get frustrated. But then a thought occurred to me. You know how sometimes when you are taking the right steps in your relationship with God, bad things sometimes happen? I think it is the devil trying to frustrate us, make us mad, and move us away from God. So, instead of getting frustrated, I rejoiced that my relationship with God must be moving in the right direction.

What could have been a bad start to the day, turned into a good start. :)

No comments: