Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fitness Friday - Part 2

I forgot to mention in my Fitness Friday post that I broke my pedometer this week. It flipped off my pants onto a tile floor and broke. I have been wearing a pedometer for about two years. I also have been recording my daily steps at www.fitnessjournal.org during this same time. My first inclination was to get a new pedometer, but then I decided to stop wearing one for awhile. It is probably "unnecessary striving." I have worn one long enough to have a pretty good idea of how many steps I am getting. To reach 5,000 steps on a workday, I need to walk at least 10 minutes on the treadmill. Desk jobs are horrible for getting high steps. I very seldom would good the 10,000 steps that "they" recommend. That takes at least 40 minutes of cardio - and probably running for me to get there. It was always kind of a pain to record those steps at Fitness Journal, which is why I called it unnecessary striving.

No comments: