Friday, August 17, 2007

Fitness Friday

I DID IT! I finally worked up to running on the treadmill at 6.0 mph for thirty minutes! I started working on the Couch to 5K back in the spring. I never "officially" finished the Couch to 5K program. I got to about week 6 or 7 - when you have the 27 minute run - and then we went to Nashville for a week and I got off track. In June I started with 30 minutes at 5.0 mph and with each run I have increased my speed by .1 mph. I did good with getting lots of runs in during June, but we started going to the gym more often in July and August and I do not run at the gym.

For my run yesterday I listened to DJ Steveboy's Podrunner Podcast Running Out of Summer. It is a tempo of 149 bpm which was just perfect for 6.0 mph. Having the steady beat really helped keep in a rhythm and made the run easier.

I've had a slight challenge at work this week. We are doing the Weight Watchers at Work program. This week the office manager sent her assistant to the Weight Watchers office to buy Weight Watchers snacks for people to buy. They have all ending up in my office (because I have a door that locks to keep the cleaning people from taking them). I have not had ANY of them. They contain high fructose corn syrup and dozens of other ingredients that I can't pronounce (or spell). I have an established habit of bring snacks to work and what I bring is ALWAYS better than any of those WW snacks.

No comments: