Friday, July 06, 2007

Fitness Friday

Welcome to the 2nd week of Fitness Friday. I almost forgot that was my new Friday topic.

Yes! My weekly average last week did end up in my goal weight range. Final number was 132.7. This week I am barely hanging into the range. The holiday in the middle of the week has thrown me for a loop. It was my own doing because I didn't have meal plans or exercise plans for the day. Tuesday evening I had a massage after work (it was heavenly) and then Sugar Pop grilled us a wonderful steak dinner. Later we went to Braum's for dessert. I went for the gusto and had the Double Dip Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae (I didn't eat the entire thing - probably just 95% of it). That eating wouldn't have been too bad, but on the 4th we went out for greasy burgers and fries at lunch and then had Chicken Fried Rice for supper. I didn't get any exercise either day - not even my stretching! Thursday's weight was WAY up and I decided to leave it out of my weekly average computation because it was mostly water retention. That was very evident when I weighed this morning and I was down 2 lbs from yesterday morning.

Weekends and Holidays always seem to through me for a loop when I don't make a plan. I have made a plan for the weekend. I have planned meals and planned exercise and I am looking forward to all of it. Even though we have a party to attend tomorrow night, the weekend is going to look much different than the mid-week holiday.

Exercise Plan:
Tonight ~ I was going to run on the treadmill but was feeling too crampy from TOM so we went for a walk and do floor exercises (hand weights, abs, stretching) Saturday ~ Do a lower body Power Half Hour weight routine and at least a 10 minute walk on the treadmill, stretching and abs
Sunday ~ The Power Half Hour Arm Video, a Yoga Video, Run on the treadmill, abs and stretching

Meal Plan:
Tonight ~ Grilled sirloin, corn-on-the-cob, and salad. SF Chocolate Fudge Pudding for dessert. Saturday ~ Normal Breakfast, Big Salads for Lunch, Supper will be at the party (I think it is BBQ). Sunday ~ Normal Breakfast, Chicken Curry in the Crockpot for lunch, and (if the oven gets installed) Oven Fry Chicken for supper. If the oven isn’t ready, then I will do Garlic Lime Chicken.
I am really looking forward to the yoga video and the run afterward. I was able to do that combination a few weeks ago and I felt so AWESOME during the run because I had a really good stretch beforehand.

Next week will be another week at 24 points. The house is finally returning to normal. The oven is the only thing left to do in the kitchen and Honey will be back at her mom's. There shouldn't be anything to keep me from getting back into a good exercise routine. Hopefully, Sugar Pop will be ready to start going to the gym more often. If so, I will start doing Power Half Hour videos right after work for my strength training and then doing cardio at the gym.

Oh, I spent some time last night cleaning out the pantry, freezer, fridge and spice cabinet. It feels so good to look in there now and be able to see everything clearly. I still need to organize the coffee/tea/sweetener cabinet and then all the food storage areas will be nice and neat and my OCPD-ness will be happy!

1 comment:

Grumpy Chair said...

We miss Braums. Always bought milk from them but there are no Braums down here in our part of Houston.