Sunday, July 22, 2007

Quotes

If you always live with those who are lame, you will yourself learn to limp. ~ Latin Proverb

Jesus, I ask you with all my heart let me know what there is in me that displeases you and also let me know what I should do to become more pleasing to you. ~ St. Faustina Kowalska

Lord, you know everything about me, even the things I'm hiding from myself. Give me the grace to admit my sin, believing that though you see me, you still love me. Help me to let go of anything that keeps me from experiencing the living water of your Holy Spirit welling up inside me. ~ Women of the Bible

Our sins can weigh us down with discouragement. St. Ignatius of Loyola tells us that discouragement is never from God because it clouds faith and hope. God's love does not deal in punishment as human vengeance does. God's love disciplines us in order to free and purify us. ~ Magnificat 10/06/06

To remain in prayer without gathering anything from it is not a loss of time but a great gain for we are toiling without self-interest solely for the honor and glory of our Lord. ~ St. Teresa of Avila

God is true: He has a long memory for his own promises and a short memory for our failures to keep ours. ~ Magnificat 10/11/06

If the Lord rescues me from the snare of my faults, should I not extend the same hand of rescue to my neighbor? Resentment, grudges, retaliation do not help the one who offends me. They merely confirm the breach between us. Bridge-building is costly, as the cross demonstrates, but the people stranded on both banks are still freed by the bridge. ~ Magnificat 10/12/06

No comments: