Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Saving Time

I am constantly trying to save time and do things as efficiently as possible. Things like unloading the dishwasher while my oatmeal is cooking in the microwave. It is a compulsion of mine.

The latest thing along those lines that I have started doing is when I fill up with gas and the pump finishes. I reach over and lift up the flap in the gas pump while I am taking the nozzle out of the truck. This tells the machine I am done and it starts printing the receipt. By the time I am done putting the gas cap back on, the receipt is printed, and I am on my way.

My plan was foiled the other day when I filled up with at a different station. I go about my usual routine, turn around for my receipt, and the machine says, "Would you like a receipt today?" Darn it! A few precious seconds were wasted while I waited for my receipt.

I am fortunate to have a husband who understands me. I told him my story and he enjoyed it. Then he shared with me his latest time saver. He has started brushing his teeth and shaving before he gets in the shower because then he doesn't have to take the time to rinse and dry his face. He just hops in the shower and can rinse off.

We were made for each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL you make me laugh!! D