Thursday, July 19, 2007

Getting back to Flylady Routines

I discovered Flylady about 3 years ago. A friend mentioned her once and then she was mentioned in a Dear Abby column. I went to her site, signed up for her emails, bought the book, read everything on the website and the book, and started implementing her routines. I made a control journal and stuck with it for a long time. Lately I haven't been doing so well though. I'm not getting the "home blessing hour" done every week and I seldom do any zone work. I never refer to my countrol journal.

As part of my 101 in 1001, I want to re-work the control journal and start referring to it every day. But first, I am going to list the things I have implemented because of FlyLady and I am still doing. (A good pat on the back should motivate me even more.)

  • I run the dishwasher every night and unload it each morning.
  • The living room is picked up before bed.
  • I purchased a 3 section laundry hamper and can easily do a load of laundry every day.
  • I fill my truck up when it is only 1/2 empty.
  • I plan our meals weekly and grocery shop weekly.
  • We cook at home (almost) every night.
  • Sugar Pop now has leftovers to take for his lunch each day instead of eating out.
  • I have master lists for the grocery store, Drug Emporium, and Sam's Club.
  • I wash the sheets each weekend (instead of when I "feel" like it).
  • The towels get changed out on a regular schedule (twice a week) instead of "whenever."
  • The bank account gets reconciled at least once a week.

No comments: