Friday, January 19, 2007

Waiting Patiently

Are you waiting patiently for God to work out his loving plan? Instead of trying to "make things happen," trust God's timing and submit your dreams to him.


That is from the Life Lesson in my bible reading today. Can you guess what I am going to write about? Why, of course, my new job that I am still waiting for! I have been waiting and praying for a long time now. Yesterday I wanted so bad to call my brother and ask. (He works there and "sometime" we are supposed to go to lunch with the guy who is over the division that is having job openings soon.) Instead I just sent him an email asking a question about our niece. I refrained from asking about lunch. Interestingly, if I had done my bible reading yesterday (instead of reading from the Devotional Classics), I would have read this yesterday and I wouldn't have even had a struggle with myself on whether or not to ask. Wow! I was heading this message before I read it (but just barely).

Heavenly Father, Thank you so much for speaking to me through my daily reading. You are such an awesome God that You take the time to put a tiny little message out there for me. I will trust in Your timing. I know that Your timing will be best and perfect. Thank you for helping me to be patient and to trust in You. Amen.

Addendum: When I read My Utmost for His Highest is said this:
When God gives you a vision and darkness follows, wait. God will bring the vision He has given you to reality in your life if you will wait on His timing. Never try to help God fulfill His word.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I warm Light Vanilla Soy milk and it is very much like drinking hot chocolate - just no chocolate.

I discovered a week ago - that the applesauce I was buying was LOADED with sugar. next time you buy - check ALL the labels and compare. At one store I need to buy organic in order to have no sugar added. At another store - it is called "natural" but has no sugar added. At the first store there is another "natural" but it HAs added sugar - I did not realize this before.

Do you have all your eggs in one "job basket" or do you have your name in other places too?