Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Listening for God's Will

I bowed my head and thanked the Lord. I praised the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, because he led me on the right road. ~ Genesis 24:48


The sidebar topic in my bible reading today was about following God's will and about checking our plans and habits against the teaching of the Bible. Here are some things I highlighted from it:

"In God's will we find successful living, God's way may be harder than the world's way--but he rewards obedience!"

"If you want God's will, give Him your total self--a living sacrifice--and that means your body and your thoughts, your mind, which He can renew from within, if you let Him."

"Sometimes God will slam shut every door but the one He wants you to walk through. You may have to try several doors to learn which is the right one."

"He has written to you--in His Word. He will talk to you, with the inner witness of His Spirit. And He will guide you as you weigh outward circumstances."

As I am growing in my Walk with God, I am learning to watch for and listen to the ways He leads me. If I am not paying attention, I could miss some of the ways He speaks to me. I haven't been doing this journalling for long, but it is really helping me to slow down and pay attention and think about what I am reading in the Word and in my devotionals. I am learning to listen to His still small voice. I like it and I look forward to what He is going to reveal to me in the days ahead.

Thank you Lord for speaking to me and revealing yourself to me. Help me to watch and listen closely so that I may hear You. And when I do hear you, help me to obey. Amen.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

your journalling is helping me too - I check in every day and each day I read it a little slower and ponder it a little more. thank you for taking the time to write.