Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Prayers inspired by Genesis

If you do things well, I will accept you, but if you do not do them well, sin is ready to attack you. Sin wants you, but you must rule over it. Genesis 4:7

I don't have the power to rule over sin. I NEED God's power in me, to rule over sin.
Those who keep secrets from God keep their distance from God. Those who are honest with God draw near to God. (from Life Lesson sidebar)

Dear Lord, help me to always draw near to you, especially when I want to keep my distance.
Enoch walked with God. Genesis 5:24

Dear God, I want to walk with you!
Noah pleased the Lord. Genesis 6:8

Dear Lord, I want to please you!
Faithfulness to God remains vital, even if everyone around us marches to a different drumbeat. (from Life Lesson sidebar)

Dear God, help me to remain faithful to you, even when it means being different and not fitting in.

No comments: