Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Weight Lost and Gained

Since October 14, 2002 I have lost 97.9 pounds and gained 80.4 pounds (17.5 net loss).

During 2004 I lost 27.5 lbs and gained 19.3 lbs, 8.2 net loss, highest - 141.4, lowest - 127.7
During 2005 I lost 23.1 lbs and gained 22.9 lbs, .2 net loss, highest - 136.0, lowest - 127.4
During 2006 I lost 12.6 lbs and gained 15.4 lbs, 2.8 net GAIN, highest - 132.8, lowest - 128.2

My weight fluctuations are decreasing. I want both of those numbers to be lower in 2007, but this year the weight lost needs to be more than the weight gained.

After the New Year's Eve festivities I weighed 133.6. This is outside of the 127 to 131 weight range I would like to maintain. Most of the difference between 133.6 and 131 is probably water weight and the results of snacking from 8:00 pm until midnight. My plan is to be back in my weight range this week, although I know it might not be possible for my weekly average to be in the range. This is not the time to slack off (not that any time is a good time). I have lost and gained too many times. I want to maintain my weight during 2007. I will maintain my weight during 2007!

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Are you saying that you lost small/tiny amounts over and over and gained small/tiny amounts over and over - like fluctuating within a 2-5 pound range?

OR

Are you saying that you fluctuate up and down the whole 27.5 and 19.3, and 23.1 and 22.9, and 12.6 and 15.4?

Because those are two VERY different things - ???

Charity said...

I lost/gained small amounts over and over. I separated each weekly weight average into the gain or loss category and then added them up separately to come up with those totals. As the years go by, I am learning to maintain my weight better (i.e. stop gaining 5-10 lbs and then losing it again) which is why those numbers are getting smaller. Now I pretty much stay within my designated weight range and catch myself before I have more than a pound or two to lose.

Vickie said...

I just want to make sure that you don't think that you will (probably) get to a weight and then NEVER fluctuate - sure - I agree - 10 lbs is something to worry about - but 2-3 pounds is fairly normal - TTOM, salt, water, tension, sleep, GI track - all those things can impact you for 2-3 pounds without your actually having done anything "wrong". You can be on plan and be in that little 2 pound UP LEEWAY range - but I totally admire you for paying CLOSE attention to 10 pound swings and congrats on getting that "window" to get closer and closer. Have you read THIN FOR LIFE? It is a maintenance book that is probably available at your library - if not - check it out.