Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Do Not Despair

Our courteous Lord does not want his servants to despair even if they fall frequently and grievously. Our failing does not stop His loving us. ~ Julian of Norwich


Praise the Lord that our failing does not keep Him from loving us. I feel like I've been failing a lot lately. I have been having problems with bingeing again. Not HUGE binges, but enough food (and of course it is junk food) that I feel overly stuffed and gross from eating. Yesterday was another one of those days. The prior three times this month, I was blaming it on cold medicine but that was not the problem yesterday (unless it was a sympathy reaction to Sugar Pop's cold medicine). So yesterday makes 4 times this month - the most since November 2005.

I am turning this over to God. This morning I pulled out the Dieter's Prayer Book and I will start reading it again. I have read through this book at least three times. It really does help keep me on track and I always seem to struggle when I am noting reading it. Actually, I should say that I am always struggling when I pick it back up again.

I am tired of fighting this binge monster by myself. It is time to let God fight him for me.

No comments: