Thursday, January 04, 2007

Simplify your life

Simplify your life.

That was a line in the life lesson in today's reading. It jumped out at me. I desire simplicity. Simplifying is even an interest that I listed in my profile. But what does it mean? The definition I found by googling is "make simpler or easier or reduce in complexity or extent." I know a lot of my desire is to get rid of excess stuff in my home. I love the feeling after I clean off my desk, or organize a drawer, or declutter a closet. I can think again when I look at the area. I am not distracted by what I see. But is God asking me to simplify in other areas? I don't know - maybe if I clear some more physical clutter, I will be able to think and see what other areas He wants simplified.

Dear Lord, please help me to clear the clutter, both physical, mental, and spiritual from my life so that I will not be distracted from hearing Your still, small voice. Amen.

1 comment:

ADasa said...

I agree Charity - it feels great to declutter, and decluttering our lives is wonderful! Off to read your responses to my quiz. D