Sunday, January 21, 2007

Stability

If you lose your faith, you will probably do so gradually. In tiny increments you will get spiritually sloppy...Stability in the storm comes not from seeking a new message, but from understanding an old one...Ask God to help you become more faithful in anchoring your life in Jesus, even when there are no storms on the horizon.


This was from the Life Lessons in my bible reading today. I liked it because it stresses the importance of being consistent in our spiritual disciplines, so that we don't gradually fall away from our faith. I want to be growing in my walk with Christ, not falling away from Him. Also, it is important to work on this during the calm times of our life. By being strong in faith, when those hard times come they will be much easier to endure if we already have a strong faith.

This message can also apply to our physical life as well - to diet and exercise. It is important for me to remain to be diligent with my healthy habits. If I slack a little bit on day, it can lead to more slacking later. I need to work on making my habits such a routine in my life that when chaos occurs, I will be able to keep up my habits. I am definitely not perfect in my habits, but certain things are more natural to me. Like soda, for instance. Avoiding soda is one of my habits and it was difficult at first, but now the only time having one crosses my mind is when we go to a movie or travel and now I am comfortable with NOT having one (the last time I had a soda was October 7th).

No comments: