Saturday, January 13, 2007

Evil Candy Coated Fruit



It started off innocently enough on Monday afternoon. I had one piece of this chocolate covered dried fruit that was in the breakroom. I told myself that it would be fine to have piece every day. I was in my maintenance range and I had upped my points to 24 so I could fit in a little treat.

Then on Tuesday, I had lunch with a friend at a mexican food restaurant. I picked a fairly healthy thing on the menu, but then LET myself get talked into a sopapilla for dessert. The sugar and flour set me off. When I got back to lunch, I still wanted to have my one piece, but instead of one, it was one of each flavor. And then I went back for more, and then more, and then more, and then some M&Ms and then some Cheezits. I was MISERABLE by the time I got home. I had planned a healthy supper (chicken was thawed and everything), but I was too miserable to cook or eat. We picked up some chili for supper and I couldn't even eat a bowl full.

Wednesday I had lunch with my sister for my birthday. I did ok, but not as healthy as I usually eat - 1/2 a sandwich, a cup of soup and we shared a FABULOUS piece of key lime pie. The rest of the day was normal. I did not have any of the evil candied fruit.

Thursday was a normal day. Whew! Because I needed a normal day.

Friday it was cold and froggy (freezing fog). It was slick out so I stayed at the office for lunch (which I identified today as a trigger). The office manager ordered pizza, but I had some of my favorite soup in my desk drawer and had that instead. I wanted something sweet to top off lunch though. I had a cup of sugar free hot chocolate (which I haven't had in ages as it is sometimes a trigger). Then my snacks of string cheese and carrots I brought. I still wanted more. There were these chocolate covered pecans in the breakroom so I had TWO cups of those. For supper we went out with friends for my birthday and I ate WAY TOO MUCH. That was my planned splurge for the week and it was good. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't been eating junk all week.

Anyway, it is time for the binging/overeating/junk food to stop. It makes me feel gross. It will make me gain weight. It is not worth it. Dinner last night was worth it, the key lime pie on my birthday was worth it, the rest of the food was just junk!

I walked on the treadmill for 50 minutes today and listened to some Julia Havey. I felt so much better, so much more in control, so ready to return to my healthy habits afterward. It has been a good day. I almost have all my healthy habits in and haven't missed anything. I am aiming for 100% today. It will be a great start in getting back to my routine. I thrive on my routine.

No comments: