Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fitness Notebook

I have a small spiral about 5x7 that I carry with me. When I read an inspiring quote or an interesting article I write it (or print and tape) in my notebook. Then when I need some motivation or I want to remind myself of why high fructose corn syrup is so bad for me, I can look in my notebook.

Here are a few quotes I have recorded:

Be patient with everyone, but above all with yourself; do not be disheartened by your imperfections, but always rise up with fresh courage. ~ Francis De Sales

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. ~ Thaine Yost

Don't waste time on things, situations, foods, drink, thoughts that are going to inhibit you from being a happy, healthy, productive, energetic person. ~ Unknown

76 Ways Sugar Can Ruin Your Health

There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in something you do it only when circumstances permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results. ~ Art Turock

Everything is permissible for me - but not everything is beneficial. ~ 1 Corinthians 6:12

Is it Food? Article about "food product"

Excellence is an art won by training and habitation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly go. Excellence, then is not an act but a habit. ~ Aristole

There is much, much more and I will probably post things from my notebook occasionally.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I had to look a LONG time to find them - but I remembered two books that you might be interested in - pertaining to Grumpy chair's topic today and yesterday.

I made a link for you - you'll have to copy and paste.

http://baby-steps-v.blogspot.com/2007/07/weightloss-books-with-prayers-or.html

ADasa said...

Good idea here Charity! I once had a book by Richard Simmons that each chapter contained a weight loss success story. I wish I still had that book! It was so good and encouraging. I've been posting my 'news' finds on my blog. My sister made me a cross stitching with that first quote - I'll have to find it and put it up again. D