Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Contentment

You're blessed when you're content with just who you are - no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought. ~ Matthew 5:5 (The Message)

Today is my 38th birthday! It is obvious to me that I am content because there is not anything I "must have" for my birthday. In fact, Sugar Pop probably won't be getting me anything because I've told him there is nothing I really want or need. Sure, there are some things that would be cool to have (a new job, a laptop, a heart rate monitor), but those aren't really things for birthday presents.

What is the reason for my contentment? Because I have finally learned (and am still learning) that the empty spot in my heart can not be filled with things - it can only be filled with God! As I grow in my relationship with Him, I become more and more content and it is a great feeling.

Dear Lord, on this my birthday, I thank you for You! That is the best gift I could ever ask for or receive.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Belated happy birthday!!!