Friday, January 26, 2007

Book Hoard

I have been hoarding books. In the past 10 years or so, I have bought a lot of books. Some I have read and some I thought I would read at the time. These are mostly religious books. It is time to face the fact that I have too many books to read and I will probably never re-read most of the books I have read. So, I have spent the past few days clearing out books and I am taking most of them to the student center. I found it really hard to release these books, because "what if" I DO want to read them/read them again. Well, I made a list and I know that they are going to be in the library at the student center if I do want them and can't afford to buy them. I am donating 55 books - 34 of which I have already read. This doesn't include a big box of books I donated to the women's center a couple of months ago, or the bag I am taking next week to the women's center, or the books I have sold in garage sales over the year. I told you I was hoarding books. I need to go on a book buying fast.

No comments: