Saturday, January 06, 2007

The leaders saw that Peter and John were not afraid to speak, and they understood that these men had no special training or education. So they were amazed. Then they realized that Peter and John had been with Jesus. ~ Acts 4:13

Being the Jesus changes us. He gives us the power to do things we never thought we could. I have always hated speaking in public. I would get so nervous when I had to give presentations at school that I could hardly speak. In 2002 I went on the Walk to Emmaus. There are 15 team members that give talks during the weekend. After you have been on a Walk you can have an opportunity to work one. I thought I would like to do that, but I would NOT want to give a talk. So, in 2004 I worked one (didn't have to talk). Then in 2006, I worked another and I did give a talk. It was only by the power of God that I was able to do that. Through him I was not nervous and I didn't stumble over words. I was amazed at how calm I was and I give HIM all the glory!

No comments: