Monday, January 15, 2007

Peaches

You're blessed when you care. At the moment of being "care-full," you find yourselves cared for. ~ Matthew 5:7 (The Message)


This is part of my weekly "Memorize the Message" verse. When I read it, it reminded me of something that happened this summer. I had just started a new "Keep in Touch" healthy habit and Sugar Pop and I had gone out to eat. I saw a man at the restaurant who reminded me of my dad's cousin who had passed away 4 years ago. I thought to myself that I should call his wife to say hello sometime. I wrote her name down on our receipt (because I knew I would forget). The next day I am sitting on home, working on bills and find the receipt with her name on it (yes, I had forgotten). I looked up her number and called her. We visited for a little bit and then she asked if I would like some fresh peaches. Heck Yeah! So, I went over to her house and picked peaches and we had a nice visit. Here I was trying to be a blessing (being "care-full") and I ended up being blessed (cared for) with the most AWESOME tasting peaches I had had in years.

I have four bags of peaches in the freezer. I think I will pull one out today to enjoy and give her a call to thank her again for the treat.

No comments: