Monday, January 29, 2007

Don't be Discouraged

From the "Life Lesson" in my devotional bible:

Is there a project in your life that you've give up on because of discouragement? No matter how great the task, God promises to help us through if we are obedient to him. Today, get back on track with your project and hold fast to the promise that God will see you through it.

My "Memorize the Message" verse for the week:

Haven't I commanded you? Strength! Courage! Don't be timid; don't get discouraged. God, your God, is with you every step you take. ~ Joshua 1:9


Yes, I have been discouraged lately about the new job situation. I haven't heard anything and during my daily readings I kept getting the message to wait. Today I've been told twice to not get discouraged. Thank you Lord for speaking to me.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I think that my project is to work on filling in the pieces of my life. There was a quote somewhere earlier in the week that was something about "if your food is settled - black and white - then you can start to work on the gray parts that are your life". I don't have it exactly right - but I do have a lot of gray and that is where I need to start exploring.