Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Puzzle Pieces

From the side bar in my Max Lucado Devotional Bible:
Find an enticing jigsaw puzzle and try putting it together. As you experience the challenge and frustration of finding the right pieces, stop and read these psalms again (16&17). Note the connections you can make with these psalms, the puzzle, and your life. Rest in the fact that God has already put together the "big picture" of your life.


I laughed when I read this as I have been working on a puzzle since Saturday. Since we have lived in this house, I have done a Thomas Kinkade puzzle every winter (except last year, we never had enough snow to stay home and do a puzzle). I thought about how when I am working on a puzzle, I will work on sections at a time - dark areas, light areas, the flowers, houses, etc. That is also how life is - sometimes are life is dark, sometimes filled with flowers - God is working on the different parts of the puzzle of our life. Sometimes things feel difficult and we don't understand, but God has the box with the picture on it and He knows what it will look like when our life is complete. We must trust Him that even the dark areas are important to the whole picture.

Thank you God for putting the big picture together for me. I don't know what is is but I'm sure it will be beautiful. Help me to be patient as I wait for the next piece to be placed. Amen.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Don't know if you read this today - but since both of you talked about puzzles - I thought you might want to see it.

http://angryfatgirlz.blogspot.com/

Bea said...

Vickie sent me. Hi I'm Beula. You responded to me thru Vickie's web site with very encouraging words. I could use some more. I am a Christian and have been since childhood. I am struggling with who exactly I am in Christ. (see blog http://dearethel.blogspot.com/). If you have any insight I could use it. Thanks